giovedì 3 gennaio 2013

EKATARINA VELIKA - "LJUBAV" (1987)

"Ljubav" is considered by many to be EKV's most complete studio work. Preserving the polished post-punk sound which made them popular, it includes aggressive rock numbers ("Pored mene"), atmospheric songs with epic crescendos ("7 dana", "Voda"), and unespected folk hybrids ("Zid"). 
The hit single was "Zemlja", a powerful raga-rock, but my favourite song is probably "Tonemo", with Milan Mladenović whispering some depressed verses over an acoustic guitar pattern, with bleak synthesizer melodies and pristine piano scales all around him. 
I translated the song in English:

We passed the first days of wonder, we passed the first days of stare,
I'm not here, I'm not there or here.
While I drink the juice from your eyes, while I lick the salt from your fingers,
I'm not here, I'm not there or here.

We're sinking, we're sinking.

We passed the first days of lying, we passed the first days of remorse,
I'm not here, I'm not there or here.
No, days did not wait too long, days were running and crawling and flying,
I'm not here, I'm not there or here.

We're sinking, we're sinking.


DOWNLOAD (kbps: 320)

2 commenti: